Biodiversity is declining at an unprecedented rate. In the EU alone:
- Only 17 % of habitats and species and 11 % of key ecosystems protected under EU legislation are in a favourable state;
- 60% of animal and plant species protected in the EU are threatened, declining or depleted;
- There are 420 million fewer birds than 30 years ago and two-thirds of European wetlands have been lost over the last 100 years.
“Business as usual” is no longer an option. For this reason, CSR Europe is forming a Biodiversity & Industry Platform, that will roll out a two-year project (2019-2021), to support companies in collectively enhancing the net positive biodiversity impacts of their industrial sites and across their value chains.
This workshop will kick-off the platform with the consortium members.
Participants will learn how to:
- Enhance the net positive biodiversity impacts of the value chain through capacity building;
- Improve Corporate Biodiversity Performance through risk assessment and management;
- Ensure long-term sustainable impact.
Closed event, open exclusively to members of the Biodiversity & Industry platform.
If you are interested to join the platform, please contact Soni Kanabar