Global Compact Network Bulgaria Association was founded on 10 September 2010 as a step of further consolidation of the efforts of 20 leading companies and organizations, members the UN Global Compact in Bulgaria, who were willing to focus their joint efforts in the responsible and sustainable management principles popularization. The organization coordinates the local network of Global Compact in Bulgaria which consists of more than 140 multinationals and local SMEs, NGOs and representatives of academia.
With its members taking the lead, to confirm and uphold social responsibility behaviour in the Bulgarian society and help balance the three pillars of sustainable development – economic growth, societal development and environment protection. To support the Millennium Development Goals by committing to shared universal values and principles to improve the quality of life for people.
Global Compact Network Bulgaria offers a number of services to its members that include:
- A national, regional or sectoral platform for training and exchange of CSR practices by organizing trainings and national or regional forums and discussions with due regard to local development priorities and the role of responsible business
- Support the exchange of innovative practices and knowledge development by conducting surveys, studying and adapting good practices, delivering social responsibility behaviour implementing tools, etc., related to Association’s objectives;
- Encourage Association’s member companies and partners to integrate the sustainable development principles and CSR in their respective visions and values;
- Motivate and assist network members to develop partnership and/or collective projects contributing to the attainment of the Millennium Development Goals;
- Support joint projects and initiatives of network members and partners;
- Develop and implement policies and partnership initiatives aiming to promote corporate social responsibility;
- Engage in intensive cooperation with training institutions to integrate sustainable development and corporate social responsibility topics in training curricula;
- Assist its members in the preparation of their annual Communication on Progress Reports and other relative information regarding the non-financial reporting.
Sasho Dontchev, Overgas Inc.