Founded in 1995, Sodalitas is an intermediary organisation linking the corporate and non-profit sectors. Two main areas of interests are: consultancy services to civil society organisations, helping them to enhance the effectiveness and quality of programmes; assistance to companies in shaping CSR and community investment initiatives.
Sodalitas aims to act as a bridge between responsible business and civil society by promoting a culture of corporate responsibility, sustainable development and social cohesion; and by fostering partnerships between companies and NGOs in addressing community problems.
Sodalitas provides these key functions for members:
- Monitoring and researching new CSR developments in Italy and Europe, publishing a monthly newsletter and updating on-line databases of best practices
- A Forum for exchanging of ideas and experiences via the "Centro per lo sviluppo della CSR" (Centre for the development of CSR)
- Benchmarking groups (grant making corporate foundations, CSR governance and management systems)
- Interactive workshops on main practices and tools
- Sodalitas Social Award prizes (6 categories: internal processes, partnerships, cause-related marketing, socially responsible finance, SMEs, sustainable innovation in products/services)
- High level conferences
- Promotion of collaboration between business and universities (EABIS Associate)
- Providing tailored assistance to the needs of each company in mainstreaming CSR in the following issues: codes of conduct, governance and management systems, accountability and reporting, stakeholder engagement, employee community involvement, partnerships with civil society organisations, education and training