ORSE is a French network aimed at researching and promoting corporate social responsibility (CSR) and socially responsible investment (SRI). Founded in June 2000, ORSE is a non-profit organisation working with a diverse group of stakeholders composed of businesses, trade unions, professional organisations, academics and nongovernmental organisations.
ORSE is the only French organisation constituting a think tank bringing together so many diverse actors, all committed to SRI and CSR development.
- Initiate and moderate a network of actors that operate in the field of CSR.
- Develop tools and instruments to help members create and implement CSR policy.
- Foster the exchange of experiences between members and identifying the "best practices" that exist in France and throughout Europe.
- Encourage reflection, particularly through working groups gathering corporate representatives, experts, academics, trade union members and NGOs.
- Facilitate the establishment of partnerships between concerned actors and networks in France and Europe.
- Disseminate best practices and other information to members.
With some 100 members, ORSE provides an array of services that include the following:
- Participation in working groups, conferences and other events featuring national and international experts
- A members-only database (www.orse-info.org) with CSR related information, including documents of reference
- Minutes of major events and seminars
- Monthly newsletters
- Press reviews
- A bilingual public website (www.orse.org)
- Three clubs: one for CSR managers, one for members of the financial services sector and one for purchasing
Daniel Lebegue (Chairman), Transparency International France