Network for Social Responsibility (Network for SR) Slovenia was established in May 2010. It was set up as a meeting point of companies and other organisations whose common purpose is to promote social responsibility, both within their companies and organisations and as well in the wider social space.
The mission of the Network for SR is the promotion of social responsibility and networking between firms and organisations that seek to integrate social responsibility into their operations. Social responsibility is understood by our members as a concern for society and natural environment through transparent and ethical business performance. Network for SR will become the central hub of businesses and other organisations to share knowledge, information and best practices in the field of corporate social responsibility.The network will be a competence center for assistance in the establishment and management of CSR in the companies/organisations and accredited correspondent with public institutions in Slovenia, the EU and outside the EU in the promotion and implementation of social responsibility.
Key activities of the Network are to exchange knowledge, innovation and good practice in corporate social responsibility, and awareness of the benefits of this mode of operation brings, on the level of the individual, company/organisation and a whole society.
Activities of the network are based on educating and raising awareness about the importance of social responsibility, the importance of the integration of socially responsible strategies in the operation of businesses and other organisations, and also presenting positive effects of integration of best practices from corporate social responsibility into their business strategy. Members of the network are involved in activities within the network, but may propose their own activities in accordance with the principles of operation of the network.
The main sets of activities of the Network for Social Responsibility of Slovenia:
- Informing the members about topics related to social responsibility.
- Exchange and transfer of good practices at national and international level.
- Education and professional training of Network members.
- Advocacy of social responsibility in public institutions in Slovenia and the EU.
- Promotion and dissemination of the concept of social responsibility in business and among the general public.
- Advice on introducing the concept of social responsibility in the business strategy of the Members (mainly the implementation of IS0 26000 - Guidelines for Corporate Social Responsibility and GRI reporting).
Members are obliged to cooperate, with an open attitude and respect. They share information with other members, accept responsibility to work together and support individual members in their activities, when it comes to promoting socially responsible action.
Natalija Postružnik, Zavarovalnica Maribor