The Materiality Assessment (MAT) is a tool for companies to identify and assess potential Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues that could impact the business and its stakeholders. The assessment allows companies to inform company strategy, targets and reporting.
The assessment is based on key metrics from reporting frameworks (SASB Standards, GRI Standards, EU Directive on non-financial reporting) and CSR’s Europe ideal situation defined by the collection of good practices and effective materiality mapping.
Value for companies who take the assessment:
Materiality Assessment as a strategic business tool: Use the materiality process to apply a sustainability lens to business risk, opportunity, trend-spotting and risk management processes in your company’s business strategy.
A thorough and inclusive materiality process using a stakeholder engagement can deliver valuable benefits, such as:
- Identifying trends that could significantly impact your company’s ability to create value in the long-term;
- Being ready to take advantage of opportunities to develop new products or services and stay ahead of competitors;
- Prioritizing company resources so you can focus time and money on the most important topics, and on collecting relevant data;
- Mitigating business risks and opportunities;
- Identifying where your company is creating, or reducing, value for society.
For more information please contact Paula Byrne.