Founded in 1986, and contributing over 20 years of experience, Les Entreprises pour la Cite is devoted to creating a better convergence between corporate and society interests, through:
- a willingness to open up to regional specificities, encouraged by the success of its first branch in Lyon.
- a logic of partnership with European counterparts (CSR Europe and its NPO network, BITC) and CSR stakeholders.
- a contribution to the development and increase of knowledge, practices and solutions on CSR.
Les Entreprises pour la Cite works to support and promote societal business practices. We encourage and help companies to implement societal practices which create value for the communities in which they operate and contribute to social equity.
A two-fold objective:
- to develop dialogue and partnership between companies and their stakeholders on current issues affecting society as a whole
- to help companies define and implement their societal policies
Les Entreprises pour la Cite is composed of expert teams in four key areas:
- Corporate citizenship.
- Diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
- Development of disadvantaged urban areas.
- Societal innovation.
Within these areas we are:
an active network. By organising debates, seminars, working groups, and cross-company programmes, we enhance the sharing and learning experience. Furthermore, we carry out topical studies on emerging CSR issues, and publish companies' practices and methods, which acts as an interface with the media and opinion leaders in order to communicate on changing corporate practices. Additionally, we collaborate with a network of local, national and European partners giving companies the opportunity to share their experience and to adapt their practices locally and internationally.
- a customised follow-up. We offer our members various tools for the definition of their CSR policies including the inventory of societal practices, the SWOP analysis, and the benchmarking of existing initiatives. We also provide members with practical follow-ups by setting up action plans, selecting partners and elaborating tools for reporting and evaluation. At companies' request, we also organise training sessions on societal issues and company practices.
For more information, please contact Antonella Cellot-Desneux, Executive Director at Les Entreprises pour la Cite.