The challenge faced by Alpha Bank was to increase employee engagement within its volunteer activities to further contribute to the environment and society at large in a sustainable way. The bank also continues to expand the support of culture, aimed at highlighting the historical and cultural identity of each country and promoting the diffusion of Greek culture. They recognize that raising awareness in social and environmental issues; to all human resources of the Group align with the framework of the Banks CSR strategy.
Alpha Bank responded to the challenge through the implementation of the ''ALPHA BANK GROUP VOLUNTEER DAY'' (which takes place the last Sunday in May each year). Volunteer groups comprised of Personnel members and their families, who are given the opportunity to participate in social or environmental actions in Greece, Cyprus, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Ukraine, Albania, and F.Y.R.O.M., as stated below:
- Renovation and painting of the yards in the “therapeutic riding association of Greece” in Athens;
- Visit, food and stationary donation to the “special therapeutic house” in Trikala.
- Help, support and food donation to ten families with financial difficulties in Nicosia, Larnaca-Ammochostos, Limassol and Paphos.
- Visit and renovation of the gardens in the social centre of Straulesti.
- Book collecting and donation to a city school in Sofia;
- Cleaning the city area in Plovdiv and Varna.
- Cleaning and revitalizing the Danube River bank green area.
- Tree planting;
- Escort a number of orphans to a visit in the dolphinarium;
- Financial assistance and friendly football match between JSC Astra Bank’ s football team and a team of disabled football players.
- Visit to a house of elders in Tirana
- Construction, painting and donation of a veranda to the S.O.S Children’ s Village;
- Donation of food packages, in cooperation with the Red Cross, for the social disadvantaged families in 14 cities outside of Skopje.
- When people collaborate to a common target, the corporate culture is enhanced and the benefits derived are multiplied.
- Increasing Employees’ awareness and motivation to take part in voluntary CSR activities.
- Enhance the Bank’s social corporate citizenship;
- Tree planting, cleaning beaches and rivers;
- Support to disadvantaged families;
- Contribution to education.