GRACE was established on February 25, 2000, by a group of companies, mostly multinational corporations, which had in common the interest to deepen the role of the business sector in social development. GRACE is a pioneer not-for-profit association dedicated to Corporate Social Reponsibility.
Reflection, promotion and development of initiatives for corporate social responsibility. GRACE's vision is to encourage the participation of enterprises in the social context in which they operate, through partnerships to enhance visible and tangible impacts of the activity of the Association in cooperation with other organisations of civil society.
GRACE offers vital services to its members that include:
- Volunteering: organization of several corporate volunteering initiatives, namely:
- G.I.R.O the biggest annual corporate volunteering initiative, taking place during one month in the whole country.
- Engage (in partnership with BITC) and K'Cidade (in partnership with Aga Khan Foundation) - knowledge and skills sharing by corporate volunteers towards enhancing the employability of people from poorer communities.
- Training and awareness raising: training workshops (e.g on how to set up a volunteer programme) and quarterly round tables to discuss state of the art CSR issues, with key note speakers and wide participation of representatives of the associates.
- Publications: yearly publication of guide books on key CSR themes.
- Advice to associates on key CSR issues, in particular on volunteering and community support programmes.
- Advocacy: spreading the CSR word via lectures, seminars, advice to authorities and PR.