CSR Europe’s project on tax aims to scale up corporate tax transparency and establish responsible tax behaviour within companies as one of the main pillars of corporate social responsibility (CSR).
Turning businesses into truly tax responsible companies will help rebuilding trust and addressing the growing expectations from the public and from the policy makers in terms of transparency and aggressive tax planning by some companies.
The main objectives are to support companies in:
- Assessing where they stand on tax transparency and responsible tax policies via CSR Europe’s Tax Transparency and Responsible Tax Behaviour Self-Assessment Tool
- Learning about how to move from tax transparency towards responsible tax behaviour through a Learning Network which can give inspiration to businesses via a wide array of experiences, knowledge and best practices shared between front-runner companies, policy makers and civil society actors. A special focus will be also given to prepare companies for the new EU legislations on Country-by-Country Reporting.
- Leveraging policy dialogue for enhanced impact through the creation of an ‘unlikely coalition’ and the proactive engagement of companies, NGOs and policy makers to advocate together to change the current perception of data about tax payments and policies of companies by the media and the citizens
- Assess and improve maturity and integration of responsible tax practices through our self-assessment tool and the learning network activities
- Participate in a network to share and learn about good practices in the field of tax transparency and responsible tax behaviours
- Engage colleagues from other departments and local offices in the discussion to embed a sustainability strategy in corporate tax policies
- Follow up disclosure trends, frameworks and approaches to tax responsibility
- Strengthen and follow up policy dialogue and latest updates on tax transparency and responsible tax behaviour