JA Europe and the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (WKO) have announced the establishment of the ESP Advisory Council in support of the Entrepreneurial Skills PassTM, a unique international qualification in entrepreneurial skills, knowledge and competences for 15-19 year olds.
In line with the upcoming New Skills Agenda for Europe, the ESP Advisory Council is committed to boost recognition of the competences and skills young people acquire through initiatives like the Entrepreneurial Skills PassTM and promote greater uptake of entrepreneurship education at schools across Europe.
The Entrepreneurial Skills Pass represents an important reference for those keen on ensuring that education and training play a greater role in promoting employability and competitiveness. Getting entrepreneurship competencies embedded into national qualification frameworks and the implications for curriculum, assessment and the teaching and learning dynamic is the next challenge. The Advisory Council will seek appropriate accreditation for the ESP at national and European level as well as make policy recommendations.
CSR Europe's Executive Director, Stefan Crets, and member of the Advisory Council said "We recognise that the ESP offers a unique opportunity for young people to gain the skills and expertise necessary to excel in today's job market, while providing businesses with the skilled and driven professionals that they need".
Members of the ESP Advisory Council come from a broad range of sectors and were selected based on the stakeholders they represent. The members are:
• CSR Europe - Stefan Crets, Executive Director
• ibw Austria - Thomas Mayr, Member of the European Qualification Framework Advisory Group (representing UEAPME)
• EUROCHAMBRES – Arnaldo Abruzzini, Chief Executive Officer
• European Commission, DG Employment Social Affairs and Inclusion - Ann Branch, Head of Unit “Job Creation”
• European Commission, DG Education and Culture - Denis Crowley, Head of Unit - Innovation in Education EIT and MSCA
• European Parents Association - Eszter Salamon, President
• European Training Foundation - Madlen Serban, Director
• UNESCO - Shyamal Majumdar, Head of the UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre For Technical and Vocational Education and Training