Danone is the first private company UNITAR partners with to build a core set of knowledge that will help promote conservation, restoration and safeguarding of our planet, while encouraging Danone employees to take concrete action.
Through UN CC:Learn, UNITAR and Danone will develop a learning program on climate change for Danone employees. This core set will be integrated in a larger internal learning platform with extensive resources related to Danone’s vision and goals.
Overall, this partnership nourishes the global ambition of the company to empower its teams so that they can drive sustainable change. Initial deliverables in the multi-year partnership include:
- From June 26, 2018, launch of a unique “One Planet. One Health” learning platform for Danone employees using UNITAR e-learning resources
- Creation of specific features for Danone employees, namely introductory courses on climate change and green economy
- Co-building of an e-learning module tailored to fit Danone's "One Planet. One Health" vision
- Live training experiences delivered by UNITAR to Danone teams
- Danone joining the UN CC:Learn Steering Committee in 2019 "I am truly delighted to be able to launch this initiative.
The One UN Climate Change Learning Partnership (UN CC:Learn) is a growing initiative that seeks to promote global climate literacy for all. The corporate world has a huge and important role to play in achieving this outcome", said Angus Mackay, Head of the UN CC:Learn Secretariat.