The Kosovo Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Network is the first business network established in Kosovo for CSR by its founding members and operating under the American Chamber of Commerce in Kosovo. The Network was founded on April 21, 2011, by distinguished Kosovar and international business leaders who were determined to increase the public’s awareness on CSR and also incorporate CSR best practices into their own companies. Although currently a relatively small organisation, the Network seeks to grow and become a stimulating network to attract new businesses in promoting CSR across Kosovo.
The founding members of the CSR Network believe that it is of crucial importance to have private businesses engaged in promoting best CSR practices. We have identified the need to inform the public and other private businesses that the CSR concept is not only limited to philanthropy and sponsorships.
The CSR Network seeks to fully comply with the Ten Global Compact Principles which is a principle-based framework for businesses, stating ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption. Protection of internationally known human rights, elimination of child labour, promotion of environmentally friendly practices, elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation, and promotion of anti-corruption values are only some of the areas that the Network seeks to address.
As a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation, the Network is focused in supporting the overall economic development by enforcing best CSR practices in the society and also by complying with the aforementioned Global Compact Principles.
The main priorities of the Kosovo CSR Network are transparency and ethics, elimination of child labour, the protection of the environment, and philanthropy.
The CSR Network is determined to embrace responsibility for the company's actions and the encouragement of a positive impact through our activities on the environment, consumers, employees, communities, stakeholders, and the wide public.
The CSR Network is financed by the member companies which have set aside individual contributions to implement the objectives of the Network.
To establish CSR awareness and create long term values for our members. We will build on our platform of supporting good corporate governance by embedding environmental and social considerations into our programmes. We take a leadership role in developing CSR in Kosovo.
- Incorporating CSR practices and best business ethics codes into our daily business.
- Raising awareness among the business community but also of individual social teams towards the promotion of Global Compact principles and the establishment of social responsibility guidelines for the local business community.
- The development of communication, synergy and coordination mechanisms amongst enterprises - members of the network for the joint implementation or exchange of best practices.
- Public dialogue on a wealth of ideas and suggestions that governmental and other institutions can exploit in the future and possibly adopt.
- Interaction with similar networks in other countries.
- Maintaining sustainable business practices.
Visar Kelmendi (Rugove)