The Hellenic Network for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR Hellas) is a non-profit business association established in June 2000 by a group of companies and business associations, in order to disseminate the values of CSR, and promote it in both the business world and society as a whole.
It consists of over 150 companies and business associations, all sensitive to issues concerning the society and the environment, and which have incorporated in their practices programmes that:
- contribute to the economic and sustainable development of the communities in which they operate.
- minimise the effects that their activities may have on the environment and the natural resources.
- create healthy and safe working conditions for their employees.
- provide equal opportunities for employment and professional development.
- provide their shareholders with satisfactory returns through responsible social and environmental management.
The mission of CSR Hellas is to help businesses in successfully combining sustainable development with social progress.
CSR Hellas offers the following services to companies:
- Information: CSR Hellas, through its website, its electronic newsletter and by organising meetings and conferences, informs its members of the latest developments in CSR on a local, European and global level.
- Advice and Training: CSR Hellas provides training, undertakes comparative evaluations of CSR activities and develops skills for the implementation of CSR programmes.
- Participation in the CSR Debate: CSR Hellas activates a broader debate on CSR issues between companies, business institutions, opinion-leaders, social partners, academics, etc.
- Development of Best Practices: CSR Hellas provides its members with the opportunity to collect, exchange and disseminate best practices on CSR activities.
- Development of Specialised Tools: Thanks to its constant updating and contact with similar European institutions, CSR Hellas can offer tools for better understanding, comparative evaluation and social reporting of CSR activities.
- Promotional Opportunities in all Media: CSR Hellas pursues maximum promotion of CSR activities undertaken by the network members.
- Creation of Synergies: By developing contacts with Business Associations, NGOs (e.g. UNICEF, UNHCR), Governmental Services etc. CSR Hellas gives members the opportunity of creating synergies in facing environmental or societal issues.
CSR Manager, TITAN Group