BNP Paribas Fortis is striving to make the financial markets and institutions more sensible to ESG performances of their products and services thus spreading CSR throughout the bank and society in general. We also believe that supply of sustainable products and services should be widespread and considered as the standard.
In each business line we invite 5 to 10 persons to discuss sustainable development and CSR during a first session. We provide them with some guidelines to initiate the discussion (on such topics as Clean & Efficient Energy, Clean Water & Air, Waste & Resource Management, Sustainable Building & Infrastructure, Health & Wellbeing, Social Access, Sustainable Food Supply, Sustainable Mobility) so that they could further discuss on how to explore possible new products. We let them discuss these topics in their management teams and during a second session all possibilities are listed. All constraints, difficulties, budget problems etc are also discussed during this session. A memo with the outcome is written by the CSR department and sent to management levels. Workgroups are then initiated per sector/product.
- We are still organizing these workshops for the business lines we have not yet visited.
- It's important to ensure continuous communication with the workgroups that have been already created in order to have concrete outcomes.
- Timeframe should be realistic but we hope to gain 2 new products in each business line this year and also 2 products or ideas in a longer term.
- New employees at BNP Paribas Fortis are introduced to CSR issues and encouraged to apply them in their day-to-day business.
- Creating workgroups that will deliver CSR related products and services in the different business lines.