Embedding our values and brand positioning through helping families get on in life.
EBS put “family” at the core of our CSR programme and worked to seek ways to help families.
- Celebrating family – In recognition of the United Nations International Day of the Family, EBS and national charity One Family mark the date each year with a celebration of family, encouraging families to get together and hold their own family celebration and raise funds for the One Family National Helpline.
- Families at home: The National Adult Literacy Agency /EBS Family Literacy Programme are multi-stranded and have seen the development of a variety of practical resources to improve Irish families’ numeracy and literacy skills. The ultimate aim is to enable people to make informed and relevant decisions on a daily basis.
- Our Family Heritage: The EBS / INTO partnership continues a long-held association between EBS and the Irish National Teacher’s Organization (INTO). Primary school children are asked to write a composition about their family and are judged on the clarity and skill of their handwriting, with winners awarded at local county and national levels.
- Identifying initiatives that align themselves with the EBS business strategy as well as our CSR strategy, helped ensure that the programme kept on track.
- Initiatives such as Family Day 2011 and the EBS/INTO partnership further embeds EBS brand positioning.
- Recognizing the importance of demonstrating commitment to family internally has resulted in a family-friendly workplace for staff, this is important in engaging and motivating our staff.
- Partnerships with One Family, NALA and the INTO have all resulted in tangible results for each organisation.
- 2011 Family Day free event in the Iveagh Gardens was attended by over 2,000 members of the public providing huge awareness for One Family.
- The sponsorship of the EBS INTO Handwriting competition has enabled the INTO to keep the competition going for 19 years to date. Over 100,000 children from primary schools around Ireland enter the competition each year which promotes the art of handwriting.
- Under the family and financial literacy programme with EBS together NALA have produced support resources including story stacks and a family literacy guide.