We consider sustainable development as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility and as one of our most important obligations.
We are committed to developing products that contribute to sustainable development, and to reducing the environmental impact of the production processes.
Conscious of the important challenge facing our society, we promote the use of glass products that help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
AGC's "Going Green" policy counts two main objectives:
1) to develop new products with better environmental performance throughout their entire lifetime, including the recycling stage;
2) to implement production processes that help to preserve the environment by using the cleanest technology currently available.
- We strive to be assured of the ongoing support of our stakeholders (employees, neighbours, authorities and others).
In our manufacturing processes we continue to make important progress in environmental performance and energy reduction.
We aim to be at the forefront in research and innovation developing new glass solutions with better environmental performance during their lifetime (Cradle-to-Cradle) for the society as a whole.
In carrying out this policy, AGC Glass Europe complies with the following principles:
- Compliance with all environmental legislation and voluntary agreements signed in all countries where the group operates
- Monitoring the environmental burden of all the group's activities
- Defining guidelines and action plans in order to reduce the environmental impact of the manufacturing activities, in an ongoing process of continuous improvement and pollution prevention
- Developing products with a positive impact on the environment during their lifetime, designed to facilitate end-of-life recycling
- Rational use of energy and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
- Conserving natural resources and biodiversity by promoting the recycling of materials for the production of glass, and reducing waste
- Making environmental responsibility part of the day-to-day activities of the group at all levels of management and operation, including customers and suppliers
- Communicating with all stakeholders concerning the development of the group's environmental impact