CSR Europe is an international not-for-profit organisation under Belgian law (AISBL). It is a membership network with two types of members - corporate members and national partner organisations - who are represented in the organisation's governing bodies. Click here to discover our corporate members and National Partner Organisations.
The President provides advice in relation to the strategy of the organisation and contributes to its visibility, authority and reputation among the business community and key stakeholders.
Etienne Davignon, Minister of State
The President of CSR Europe, Mr Davignon has been involved with CSR Europe since its inception and has made a huge contribution to driving forward the dialogue on CSR. He continues to play an active role in the network’s strategic development and high level representation.
President Davignon is also a Chairman of Brussels Airlines, Compagnie Maritime Belge, Fondation P.-H. Spaak, Friends of Europe, Recticel, Palais des Beaux-Arts, the Royal Institute for International Relations, Ichec and the Bilderberg Group. He is also a member of the Board of Sofina and Royal Sporting Club d'Anderlecht.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors determine the organisation's strategic direction. It also appoints an Executive Director who is entrusted with the daily management of the organisation and the execution of Board decisions. The Board is currently made up of 12 individuals representing corporate members and three individuals representing National Partner Organisations.
In line with CSR Europe’s by-laws, CSR Europe's Board of Directors was renewed in May 2019 and currently consists of 15 members.
To be confirmed
To be confirmed
Current Board Members:
- BASF SE - Thorsten Pinkepank, Director/Head of Corporate Sustainability Relations
- ENEL Spa - Marina Migliorato, Head of Sustainability Innovation and Stakeholder Engagement
- Engie - Jacques Spelkens, Head of CSR Benelux
- EPSON Deutschland GmbH - Henning Ohlsson, Managing Director
- Hitachi Europe Ltd - Hans Daems, Group Public Affairs Officer
- Huawei Technologies - Tony Graziano, Vice-President, European Public Affairs and Communications
- IBM Citizenship Global - Jean-Christophe Knoertzer, Vice President
- McCain Continental Europe - Lucile Celisse, Vice President QSR & CSR
- Moody’s Deutschland GmbH - Jens Schmidt-Bürgel, Managing Director, Regional Management – EMEA
- Pirelli S.p.A. - Filippo Bettini, Head of Sustainability and Risk Governance
- Sodexo Benelux - Michel Croisé, President
- Solvay S.A. - Dominique Debecker, Deputy Chief Sustainability Officer
- Titan Cement Company S.A. - Maria Alexiou, Group Corporate Social Responsibility Director
- Business in the Community Ireland - Tomás Sercovich, CEO
- CSR HELLAS - Alexandros Kostopoulos, Business Development Manager
- IMS Luxembourg - Nancy Thomas, Director
The General Assembly meets once a year to review CSR Europe's annual progress, to approve the budget and financial report and to make decisions about the organisation's work. Every corporate member and national partner organisation has one representative on the General Assembly and is entitled to nominate candidates for the Board of Directors.