Financial Sector Workshop on Best Practice Ethics Management: Integrating values within your organisation
The recent turmoil within the financial sector has led to new compliance measures focusing on strengthening corporate accountability and preventing misconduct. Boards and executives of financial institutions need to comply with new regulations and act in the spirit of Basel III and other principled statements. The challenges facing the financial industry are now how to make sure that they comply, and at the same time implement sustainable value-driven decision making across the whole organization.
On October 24th, CSR Europe and EABIS, with support from BNP Paribas Fortis, are hosting a free workshop exclusively for the financial sector on implementation of value-driven decision making throughout your organisation.
Join the workshop to:
- Gain a critical understanding on the gap between external stakeholder and board expectations on the financial industry and the current state of play.
- Learn from key experts in the field.
- Share your own perspectives and gather insights into what other companies are doing to implement effective ethical management systems into their business operation.
- Work on practical solution to improve implementation of ethical management in your organisation.
10.30 – 11.00 Registration & coffee
11.00 – 11.20 Welcome & introduction
- Luc Willemyns – Director of Responsible and Engaged Platform, BNP Paribas Fortis
- Stefan Crets – Executive Director, CSR Europe
- Oriane de Vroey – Business & Society Belgium
11.20 – 12.20 Failures of compliance systems – What is the problem?
Overview of ethical failures in the financial industry
- Andre Nijhof – Associate Professor, European Institute for Business Ethics
Expectations and views from stakeholders
- Robert van Altena – Risk and Compliance expert, KPMG,
- Wijnand Nuijts – Manager Supervision Department Organisational culture, behaviour & integrity, De Nederlandsche Bank
12.20 – 13.15 LUNCH
13.15 – 14.30 What are solutions? – Company practices and trends in ethical managemen
- Robert van Altena – Risk and Compliance expert, KPMG
14.30 – 14.45 COFFEE BREAK
14.45 – 17.00 BREAK OUT SESSION: How to improve management control and implement values?
- Mollie Painter Morland – Academic Director, EABIS, Andre Nijhof - Associate Professor, European Institute for Business Ethics
- How to rethink board oversight of ethics management programs?
- How to manage corporate cultures across silos?
- How to measure and manage risks and implement strategies in various areas of the organization?
17.00 – 17.30 WRAP UP: Identifying central topics for the future
By sending an email to Daniel Karlsson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Targeted companies and stakeholders:
CSR Europe, EABIS and BNP Paribas Fortis, Business&Society Belgium
24 October 2012 11:00 - 17:30
City / Country
BNP Paribas Fortis Headquarter at Rue Royale 20